Introducing a delectable culinary delight that combines the rich and smoky flavours of wild smoked mackerel with the comforting goodness of a frittata. Our Wild Smoked Mackerel Frittata is a dish that tantalises the taste buds and satisfies the hunger of even the most discerning palates.
Imagine savouring the delicate flakes of wild smoked mackerel infused with a smoky aroma that instantly transports you to the ocean’s shores. Each bite reveals the perfect harmony of flavours, as the mackerel blends seamlessly with the sautéed onions, bell peppers, and potatoes, creating a medley of textures and tastes that will leave you craving for more.
The frittata itself is a work of art, with its golden-brown exterior and a light, fluffy interior that encapsulates the essence of comfort food. The creamy, melted cheese adds a luxurious touch, enhancing the savoury notes of the mackerel and vegetables, while the fresh herbs provide a burst of freshness and fragrance.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and embark on a culinary adventure that celebrates the natural bounty of the sea and the comforting embrace of a classic frittata. Indulge in this delightful creation that will impress your guests, and most importantly, treat yourself to a memorable meal that will awaken your senses and leave you longing for seconds.
- Four eggs
- 1 cup diced wild-smoked mackerel
- One small onion, diced
- One small bell pepper, diced
- One medium-sized potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or any melting cheese of your choice)
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (such as dill or parsley) for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, and potato to the skillet. Sauté them for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened and the potatoes are cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten—season with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet and heat it over medium heat. Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet.
- Sprinkle the diced wild smoked mackerel evenly over the eggs, followed by the sautéed onion, bell pepper, and potato mixture. Make sure the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the frittata.
- Cook the frittata on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes until the edges start to set.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the frittata.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the frittata is set and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the skillet from the oven and let the frittata cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve warm. It can be enjoyed as a main course, brunch, or light lunch. You can also serve it with a side salad or crusty bread.
Enjoy your Wild Smoked Mackerel Frittata!
More Smoked Salmon Recipes:
Atlantic Salmon Burger
Honey Roast Smoked Salmon Pizza
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict Royale