Gluten Free Smoked Salmon Quiche with Fresh Dill
- Gluten free pie dough (½ this recipe)
- 6 eggs (plus one for egg wash)
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz wild smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan and crimp edges. Make holes in the bottom of the crust with a fork or small knife. Place in the freezer for at 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 425º for at least 20 minutes. Just before baking, whisk one egg with one tablespoon of water. Brush the entire pastry crust with the egg wash. Bake quiche crust for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Turn the oven down to 375º. Cool the crust for 20 minutes before filling.
- Whisk together, 6 eggs, cream, creme fraiche, and milk. Once well-combined and slightly frothy, stir in salmon, dill, cheese, salt and pepper. Bake for 45-50* minutes until quiche is puffed up and golden brown on the top. There should be the ever-so-slightest jiggle to the eggs.
* Check the quiche at 30 minutes, if the crust is browning too much, add some foil around the edges to protect it from overcooking.